Founded in 2005, Avi Bitton English speaking Employment Lawyer in Paris practices employment law, workers union law and criminal employment law.
Avi Bitton has been recommended:
– by Best Lawyers, in 2019, for its expertise in employment law;
– by Legal 500, in 2015 and 2016, for its expertise in employment law and criminal law.
- Employment contract (CDI, CDD, …)
- Work hours (extra work hours, part-time work, …)
- Dismissal, redundancy
- Amicable settlement
Workers union law
- Professional elections of employees representatives (comité d’entreprise, délégués du personnel)
- Appointment of workers union representative (délégué syndical)
- Comité d’entreprise, Comité hygiène, sécurité et conditions de travail (CHSCT)
- Dismissal of employees representative (salarié protégé)
- Délit d’entrave
Criminal employment law
- Illegal employment (‘travail dissimulé’)
- Prêt de main-d’oeuvre illicite, marchandage de main-d’oeuvre
- Discrimination (race, union, health, sex, religion, …)
- Psychological harassment, sexual harassment
- Hygiene, safety and work conditions
- Industrial accident (accident du travail)
- Discrimination and harassment: sentencing a computering company to pay damages for discrimination on return of maternity leave, psychological harassment and unfair dismissal (ruling of 25th April 2013, Cour of appeal of Versailles).
- Sexual harassment: sentencing a public company to pay damages for unfair dismissal to a manager accused of sexual harassment by several colleagues (judgement of the Employment Tribunal of Créteil, 23rd December 2014).
- Dismissal: advising a British company on the dismissal of a manager in France.
- Employment contract: advising a British company on the drafting of a French law employment agreement.
- Dismissal: sentencing of a famous TV production company for late delivery of legal documents
- Illegal employment: suing before criminal courts a major law firm and its officers for breach of working hours regulations
- Sexual harassment: suing a major pharmaceuticals company whom a manager has sexually abused an employee
- Amicable settlement: negotiating an amicable settlement between a major franchising group and a union representative
- Work hours: negotiating an amicable settlement between a large law firm and a lawyer associate in relation to breach of work hours rules
- “Former Allen Overy associate files harassment and discrimination complaint against firm“, The Lawyer, 8 octobre 2019.
- « Herbies faces court action from former associate in Paris », The Lawyer, 8 December 2009
- « Plainte pénale d’un collaborateur contre un cabinet d’avocat pour travail dissimulé », Actuel Avocat, 4 December 2009
- « Des avocats au ban des accusés », L’Express, 3 December 2009
- « Le cabinet Taj condamné pour délit social de travail dissimulé », Actuel Avocat, 8 July 2009
- « Bras de fer entre Karl Zéro et un ex-salarié », Le Figaro, 6 March 2009